Many established professionals consider the transition from employee to consultant as a welcome opportunity to revitalize their career. A successful transition brings new challenges, broadens options and provides greater control of the future.
If you are considering a career as a consultant, or if you have already made the switch but need support, JW Associates can help you address the essential issues:
Which skills will you market?
- What do you really want to do?
- Do you know what your market is? Who needs your services?
- How will you set your skills apart? Why should clients select you?
Can you market your skills effectively?
- Do you have a marketing document, other than your resume, to establish your value to clients?
- Are your presentation skills appropriate for gaining consulting work, rather than applying for a job?
- Do you have the confidence to sell your services for a suitable fee? Can you negotiate effectively?
How will you establish and grow a client base?
- Do you know how to build a client base in difficult times?
- Can you network effectively? Where should you start?
- How can you build visibility, credibility and goodwill with prospective or existing clients?
OUR “CONSULTING ESSENTIALS” PROGRAM
Work with an experienced Career Coach to support your successful transition. All sessions are one-on-one and are customized to meet your specific needs.
- Create and refine your marketing materials.
- Reposition your presentation and negotiating skills to assume the new role of consultant.
- Build confidence to market successfully.
We have the flexibility to address shifting priorities, such as a pressing need for specific marketing material or preparation for an unexpected meeting.